No one can predict a personal injury accident. It is often possible, however, to prevent one. Most accidents and unintentional injuries stem from someone else’s carelessness. In Georgia, an injury caused by another party will give the victim the right to seek financial compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Discuss your recent accident and injury with one of our Gainesville personal injury attorneys today to find out if you have a case. We offer free and confidential initial consultations.
Why Choose Us
- We know how to deal with insurance companies. If an insurer works against you to reduce your payout, we can use tactics of our own to fight for the financial relief you are entitled to.
- We have obtained millions of dollars on behalf of past clients through personalized legal strategies and an attention to detail.
- Our Gainesville, Georgia personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis. This means we will only charge you attorney’s fees if we win your case.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit? Do You Have a Case?
A personal injury lawsuit is a type of claim brought in the civil justice system that seeks justice from a person or party who negligently caused an accident. In personal injury law, negligence is a careless act that causes harm to someone else.
If a victim (called a plaintiff) or the plaintiff’s attorney can approve the other party’s (defendant’s) negligence, the victim will receive financial compensation to make him or her whole again. The goal of a personal injury claim is to restore the plaintiff to the financial state he or she would have had if the accident hadn’t happened.
Proving negligence requires evidence of four elements:
- The defendant had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable manner, known as a duty of care.
- The defendant violated or did not meet the required duty of care.
- The defendant’s failure to uphold his or her duty of care was the actual cause of the accident.
- The plaintiff suffered compensable losses in the accident.
If your lawyer can find and collect evidence that proves these four elements as more likely to be true than untrue, you can receive a settlement or jury verdict for your losses. This can reimburse you for your medical bills, property repairs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Why Is it Important to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Gainesville, Georgia?
Although no law in Georgia requires you to hire an attorney, doing so can have many important benefits. An attorney will know exactly how to deal with an insurance company to prevent it from devaluing your claim, for example. An attorney can also connect you to the best doctors in Gainesville for your medical needs. While you focus on healing and recovering, your lawyer will work relentlessly to achieve the case outcome you deserve.
Types of Cases We Accept at BMW Law Group
When looking for the right Gainesville personal injury attorney to hire, find one with experience handling your type of case. Although every case is unique, your lawyer should have on-the-job experience in your practice area.
At BMW Law Group, we represent individuals and families in Gainesville, Georgia in many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Work and construction accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product cases
- Catastrophic injury lawsuits
- Wrongful death lawsuit
This is not a full list of every area of law we practice. If you do not see your type of accident on this list, discuss your individual case in detail with one of our attorneys during a free case review.
Contact Our Gainesville, Georgia Personal Injury Attorneys Today
You have legal rights as the injured victim of another person’s negligence. At BMW Law Group, we can help you protect them with high-quality legal representation during every phase of your lawsuit. Find out how our personal injury lawyers in Gainesville, Georgia can help you today. Request a free consultation online or by calling our office at (770) 225-4710 anytime.