BMW Law Group has everything you need to bring a claim in the aftermath of an accident: skill, experience and legal resources. If you are unsure of where to turn for help and advice you can trust, contact our Jefferson personal injury lawyers to get started with a free consultation. At BMW Law Group, we are passionate about helping injured accident victims hold wrongdoers accountable. Call (770) 225-4710 to learn more today.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Attorneys
- We will always put your needs first, from connecting you to top doctors for your recovery to identifying your goals for your lawsuit. We will personalize your legal experience.
- We have secured many positive results through our hard work and determination. We are not afraid to go to trial in Jefferson if this is what it takes to achieve the results our clients deserve.
- Our attorneys accept clients on a contingency fee basis. We promise that you won’t pay your attorney for his or her services unless your attorney wins your case.
Do You Need to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Whether or not to hire a personal injury lawyer is something you must consider within the context of your specific claim. Although a lawyer is not a legal requirement, hiring one to represent you can strengthen the odds of holding someone accountable for your injuries – especially if your case involves challenges such as a liability dispute or catastrophic injuries.
A lawyer can improve your chances of securing a fair and full financial recovery. A lawyer knows how to handle difficult tasks, such as investigating your accident for signs of fault. Your lawyer will also have connections to experts, doctors and investigators who can help with the legal and medical sides of your case.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims in Jefferson, Georgia
A personal injury claim gives an injured accident victim the opportunity to hold one or more parties accountable for injuries. If you believe someone else is responsible for causing the accident that injured you or a loved one in Jefferson, you could be eligible for compensation through that party’s insurance provider.
Types of personal injury cases we accept at BMW Law include:
- Car accident claims
- Truck accident claims (including delivery trucks)
- Motorcycle accident claims
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists
- Dangerous premises accidents, including slip and falls
- Lawsuits for product defects
- Workplace injuries and construction accident claims
- Catastrophic injury claims
- Wrongful death lawsuits
To have a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia, you or your Jefferson personal injury attorney must prove that the defendant had a responsibility not to cause harm, did something that fell outside of this responsibility and caused your accident. In other words, if your injury would not have occurred but for the careless or reckless actions of the defendant, you may be entitled to a settlement or judgment award.
What Damages are Available in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
You may hear the term damages during a personal injury lawsuit. Damages has a double meaning in personal injury law. It is used to characterize both the losses suffered by an injured accident victim and the financial compensation he or she can receive from a defendant.
Damages available during a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia include:
- Medical bills
- Losses of income (past and future)
- Property repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Punitive damages
The value of your specific claim is something you will have to discuss with an attorney. There is no average settlement amount. Every outcome is unique and dependent on the specific facts of the case.
Contact BMW Law to Discuss Your Accident During a Free Consultation
If you recently suffered an injury in an accident in Jefferson, Georgia, don’t hesitate to contact us for legal assistance. The Jefferson personal injury lawyers at BMW Law work tirelessly to achieve justice on behalf of injured victims. During free consultations, our attorneys offer legal advice and inform you of your rights at no obligation to hire us. Find out how we can help you. Call (770) 225-4710 or contact us online today.