Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies provide a convenient, economical way to get around in the city. Unfortunately, they are as susceptible to traffic crashes as anyone else. If you have been injured in a rideshare accident involving an Uber or Lyft, contact Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC in Atlanta or Suwanee today. Our Gwinnett County Rideshare accident attorneys can help you see the way forward, providing dedicated, compassionate representation and an unmatched level of service and care.
Why Choose Us?
- At Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC, we are a client-focused firm, committed to providing service for all your needs, even visiting you in the hospital or your home if necessary.
- We handle our cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us no fees until we win a settlement or verdict for you.
- We prepare our cases thoroughly and will do what it takes to pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries, even if it means taking your case to civil court for resolution. We are not intimidated by the teams of defense lawyers representing large companies.
What Is Ridesharing?
Ridesharing is a service that provides one-way transportation on short notice. To use a ridesharing service, you need a smartphone, a credit card or PayPal account, and the app for a rideshare company downloaded on your phone. Simply sign into the app, enter your destination, and a nearby driver with the rideshare company will accept your ride request. The driver picks you up, transports you to your destination, and your credit card is automatically charged. No cash or credit card information is exchanged with the driver.
Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Gwinnett County
Rideshare accidents are automobile collisions, like any other. Factors contributing to rideshare wrecks may include:
- Distracted driving: This is a major factor, as Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers often have their attention on their phones and GPS navigation while driving. They may be distracted by conversation with passengers. Anything that diverts a driver’s manual, visual, or cognitive attention away from driving can lead to a crash.
- Fatigued driving: Ridesharing drivers may be driving and transporting people for many hours at a time. As stated by the National Safety Council, drowsy driving is impaired driving, similar to driving under the influence of alcohol. Fatigue can worsen reaction times, ability to sustain attention, and awareness of hazards on the road.
- Failure to properly maintain a rideshare vehicle: Rideshare drivers and their vehicles are not regulated in the way that taxis and their drivers are. When a ridesharing vehicle is not properly maintained, tire blowouts, steering problems, brake failure, airbag failure, and other issues with the vehicle can increase the risk of harm to passengers.
Who Is Liable?
If you were hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to pursue compensation for your injuries, a Gwinnett County rideshare accident attorney can help you with your claim. This is true whether you were a rideshare passenger, a driver who was hit by another vehicle, or motorist, motorcyclist, bicyclist, or pedestrian hit by a rideshare driver. Responsibility for your injuries in a crash caused by a ridesharing company driver can depend on what he or she was doing at the time the accident occurred. If the driver was “on the clock,” Uber or Lyft may be liable. Our Gwinnett County personal injury attorneys can investigate your rideshare accident to determine fault and liability.
Contact Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC Today
Recovering compensation after a rideshare accident can be complicated. Contact our rideshare accident lawyers in Gwinnett County as soon as possible for the dedicated legal assistance you need, we offer services in Peachtree Corners, Sugar Hill, and Suwanee.
About Our Uber Accident Attorneys
Attorneys Robert Bross, Makenzie McAllister and Benjamin Williams are committed to securing the financial relief rideshare accident victims are entitled to. With experience in Gwinnett County courts, our Atlanta personal injury lawyers will fight for the best possible outcome. Call us to schedule a free case review.