Motorcycle accidents differ from car wrecks in a very significant way – they are far more likely to result in catastrophic injuries or death for the motorcyclist. Unfortunately, many motorcycle crashes are caused by negligent drivers. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, contact Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC in Suwanee, GA for a free consultation today. Our Gwinnett County motorcycle accident attorneys will fight for your right to fair compensation, even if it means going to trial.
Why Choose Us?
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is never a fee unless we win your case. This allows accident victims access to the legal system and justice.
- We have a proven record of success for our clients, recovering millions of dollars in personal injury settlements and verdicts.
- We are a client-focused law firm, committed to providing service for all your needs. We will visit you at home or in the hospital if you are unable to come to us.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports:
- 5,286 people died in motorcycle wrecks in the U.S. in a single recent year.
- 1,600 of these fatalities occurred in alcohol-impaired driving crashes.
- Motorcyclists who died in drunk driving wrecks accounted for 30% of all motorcyclist fatalities.
- As a comparison, passenger vehicle occupants who died in alcohol-impaired driving accidents accounted for 32% of all passenger vehicle traffic deaths.
- The motorcyclist fatality rate was 25.85 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled and 60.90 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
- 88,000 people were injured in U.S. motorcycle accidents in a recent year.
- The injury rate was 451 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled and 1,028 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
If a negligent driver caused your accident, an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer can help you seek justice for your injuries.
Why are Motorcycles Dangerous?
Motorcycles are far less crashworthy than enclosed cars and trucks. They are smaller, less visible, and less stable than four-wheeled passenger vehicles, and there is little protection provided for a rider in a crash. A different combination of mental and physical skills is required to operate a motorcycle. Riders and their passengers are much more vulnerable to road hazards and weather conditions than occupants of enclosed vehicles.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a motorcycle crash is a complex, violent event that involves the interaction of environmental, vehicle, and human factors. More than 80% of all reported motorcycle accidents result in injury or death for the rider. Motorcycles provide no head injury protection, and ejection from the bike is a common occurrence. When a motorcycle comes to a sudden stop in a collision, a rider who is ejected will forcibly strike objects in his or her path, as well as the ground. If you were injured or a loved one suffered fatal injuries during a motorcycle collision, our Gwinnett County motorcycle accident lawyer can represent your injury claim, handle communication with insurance companies and secure fair compensation.
Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Negligent Drivers
There are many different factors contributing to motorcycle wrecks. Some are single-vehicle accidents in which a rider loses control of the bike for any of a number of possible reasons. However, NHTSA reports that approximately one-third of motorcycle crashes involving more than one vehicle are caused by other motorists turning into the path of the motorcycle. Drivers traveling in the opposite direction and making a left-hand turn at an intersection may simply fail to register the motorcycle in the roadway.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
At Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC, we are dedicated to providing injured people with an unmatched level of service and care. Our law firm helps injured motorcyclists reach financial recovery to cover for medical expenses. We offer expert advice and have staff certified in medical coding, billing, counseling, and assistance. Call us right away to speak with a Gwinnett County motorcycle accident attorney, if you are unable to visit our office we can come to you. We are available for consultation in Duluth, Lawrenceville, Peachtree Corners and all surrounding areas.