Collisions on highways often occur at high speeds, causing serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a highway accident caused by another driver, contact Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC in Atlanta or Suwanee right away. We can help you pursue compensation for your losses, providing an unmatched level of service and care. Our Gwinnett County highway accident lawyers represent those injured in and around Atlanta, including the I-285, I-420, I-475, and I-485, where many serious or deadly highway accidents occur.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Our attorneys have been recognized by our peers with the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 award.
- We have comprehensive experience in all personal injury matters, including highway accidents, and staff certified in medical coding, billing, counseling, and assistance.
- We are not intimidated by large corporations and will fight to hold responsible parties accountable and recover the compensation you deserve, even if it means going to trial.
Highway Crash Statistics
As reported by the Insurance Information Institute (III):
- 37,133 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes in a recent year.
- 1,889,000 crashes causing injury also occurred in the U.S.
- Although motorcyclist and pedestrian fatalities decreased from the previous year, traffic deaths increased among SUV occupants and motorists involved in large-truck crashes.
- The fatality rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled was 1.16.
- 1,540 traffic deaths occurred in Georgia alone in a single recent year.
Our Gwinnett County highway accident attorneys can help you settle your car accident claim so you can concentrate on your recovery and getting back on your feet.
Common Causes of Highway and Freeway Accidents
Most highway accidents are caused by some type of negligent driving behavior, for example, speeding, tailgating, texting and driving, erratic lane changes, or failure to yield the right-of-way in freeway merging. III reports that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) has classified driving behaviors among drivers and motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes in a recent year as follows:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions – 17.8%
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – 10.8%
- Failure to keep in the proper lane – 7.5%
- Failure to yield the right-of-way – 7.0%
- Distracted driving – 6.2%
- Careless driving – 5.2%
- Failure to obey traffic signs, signals, or officers – 4.0%
- Driving in an erratic, reckless, or negligent manner – 3.9%
- Oversteering/overcorrecting – 3.8%
- Vision obscured (snow, rain, lights, glare, buildings, trees, etc.) – 3.0%
- Drowsy driving, asleep at wheel, ill, or blacked out – 2.5%
- Swerving or avoiding due to wind or slippery surfaces – 2.5%
- Driving the wrong way on a one-way road – 2.3%
- Making improper turns – 0.7%
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
High-speed highway crashes can cause serious injuries requiring extensive medical treatment and time away from work. Insurance companies are in business for profit and do not have your best interests in mind. They may offer a lowball settlement or try to assign blame for the accident to you, in an effort to minimize their payout. Our Gwinnett County highway accident attorneys are well-versed in laws concerning car accidents and personal injury and familiar with insurance companies and their tactics. We can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and fight for your rights in court, if necessary.
Connect with Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a highway accident that was someone else’s fault, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Call Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC today. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers handle our cases on a contingency fee basis, allowing accident victims access to the legal system and justice. There is never a fee unless we win your case.