Slip and fall accidents are a serious matter. They can cause severe injuries or even death. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, contact Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC in Toccoa, Atlanta or Suwanee today. Our Toccoa slip and fall lawyers work hard to secure full and fair compensation for you and do all we can to help you get your life back on track.
Why Choose Us?
- Not only do we have comprehensive experience in all matters of personal injury, but we also have staff certified in medical billing, coding, counseling, and assistance.
- We are a client-focused legal team, committed to providing service for all your needs. We will even visit you at home or in the hospital if you are unable to come to us.
- Our track record speaks for itself. We have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our Toccoa slip and fall attorneys have been recognized for their experience and skills with the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 award.
The attorneys at Bross, McAllister & Williams LLC offer a free initial case consultation for slip and fall injury victims. Call our office in Toccoa, Georgia for more information at (770) 225-4710 or contact us online, we can help you recover compensation to cover for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses incurred from your accident.
Slip and Fall Facts
As stated by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI):
- Slip and fall accidents account for one million hospital emergency room visits every year.
- Slip and falls are the primary cause of lost days from work.
- Slip and fall accidents are the leading injury for which workers’ compensation claims are filed and the leading cause of occupational injury among workers ages 55 and older.
- 85% of workers’ compensation claims are filed by employees who slipped on slick floors.
- 22% of slip and fall accidents have resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- Floors and flooring materials directly contribute to more than two million fall injuries a year.
- Half of the accidental deaths in the home are caused by falls, most of which occur at ground level – not from elevations.
- Falls are the second leading cause of spinal cord injury and brain injury.
An Toccoa slip and fall lawyer can help you recover compensation for the medical expenses incurred in your accident.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip, trip, and fall accidents can happen anywhere – at work, a shopping mall, a restaurant, or the home of a friend. Common causes include:
- Floors that were recently mopped or waxed
- Spilled liquids or splashed oil that is not cleaned up immediately
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Loose floorboards, mats, or rugs (particularly on stairs)
- Unsalted ice on walkways
- Potholes in parking lots
- Debris or trash on the floor
- Cords running across walkways
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see obstacles
- Missing or broken handrails on stairways
Why You Need a Lawyer
After a serious slip and fall accident, retail businesses and their insurers will want to settle quickly and minimize their payout. They have teams of attorneys on the payroll to fight your claim. It is in your best interests to have an experienced Toccoa premises liability lawyer by your side to protect your interests and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. We are well aware of the tactics insurance companies use and know how to counter them in negotiations or in court.
Contact Us Today
If your slip and fall injuries have been caused by a property owner’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover for your losses, including past and future medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. After a free consultation with no obligation, we can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be able to claim. Bross, McAllister & Williams, LLC serves Toccoa, Atlanta, Peachtree Corners, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Suwanee, and all surrounding areas.