It is important to know how to protect your rights after suffering a serious injury in a car accident in Georgia. Each state has a different claims process. You may need a Braselton car accident lawyer to help you with the insurance system in Georgia to achieve a fair outcome.
Find out how we can help you and your family after a car accident. Request a free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys at BMW Law Group today.
Why Choose Us
- Our car accident lawyers are highly experienced. We are not afraid to go up against any defendant, including powerful insurance companies, in the pursuit of justice.
- We don’t push our clients to accept fast settlements. Instead, we fight for the financial compensation and results we believe our clients deserve using aggressive legal strategies.
- We keep our attorney’s fees affordable by only charging for our services if and when we succeed in obtaining financial compensation for the client.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer in Braselton, Georgia
You might think you will save money by not hiring an attorney, but this may not be the case. An attorney will use strategies to make the claims process more efficient and maximize your financial recovery. Having a lawyer take over negotiations with an insurance company on your behalf can ensure the best possible results for your lawsuit – protecting your recovery.
Beyond maximizing your financial outcome, however, hiring a car accident attorney can also give you the freedom to focus on your family and your recovery while a trained and experienced professional handles the legal legwork of your claim on your behalf. A Braselton personal injury attorney can handle complicated tasks for you, such as investigating your auto accident and collecting evidence of fault.
Who Is Liable for Your Car Accident in Georgia?
Georgia is a fault-based car accident state. When determining liability, you must keep this in mind. Liability refers to someone’s financial responsibility for your crash-related injuries and property repairs. Under state law, the driver or party at fault for causing your car accident is liable for your financial damages.
The most common defendant named in car accident lawsuits in Georgia is the other driver. A driver may be responsible for your crash for mistakes such as driving drunk or distracted. Another liable party may be the auto manufacturer for a defective car part or the government for an unsafe or poorly maintained roadway.
What to Do After a Car Accident
- Pull over and call the police. It is a legal requirement in Georgia to call the police to report a car accident immediately if it causes injuries, deaths or at least $500 in property damage.
- Swap information. Obtain the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, license plate number, VIN and driver’s license number.
- Gather evidence. Take photographs while at the scene of the crash using your cell phone, if possible. Get the names of eyewitnesses for statements, as well.
- Seek medical attention. Go to the nearest hospital in Braselton for immediate medical care. Ask for copies of your medical records for your insurance claim later.
- Start the claims process. Call your car insurance company to make an initial report, but do not accept a settlement or sign anything until you speak to an attorney. Contact a Braselton car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Depending on your injuries, it may not be possible to complete all of these steps. You may need medical assistance immediately. If that is the case, don’t worry; your attorney will help you fill any gaps.
Request a Free Consultation With Our Car Accident Lawyers Today
A car accident in Braselton, Georgia can change your life in monumental ways. You can pursue justice, closure and a monetary recovery with help from a car accident attorney. At BMW Law Group, we care about protecting the rights and best interests of injured car accident victims. We understand Georgia’s car insurance laws and how to navigate them on behalf of our clients for the best possible case results.
If someone else carelessly or recklessly caused your car accident in Braselton, contact us to request a free legal consultation. You may have grounds for a lawsuit, and we can help.