Why Choose Us?
- BMW Law Group has the personnel and resources to take care of complex personal injury cases, including a staff certified in medical billing and counseling.
- Our personal injury law firm has a proven track record of success. Although we never guarantee results, our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in past settlements and verdicts.
- Your pedestrian accident lawyer in Atlanta will operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that our attorney’s fees are included in any financial recovery that we obtain for you.
Why Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, GA?
The auto insurance company that receives your pedestrian accident claim does not want what is best for you. It wants to diminish your payout to save itself money. The best way to protect your rights when negotiating a settlement with an insurance company is by hiring an attorney.
A pedestrian accident attorney in Atlanta can protect you from tactics an insurance company uses to devalue your claim. This can ensure you receive the amount you need to move forward. More importantly, an attorney can connect you to top doctors in Atlanta and allow you to focus on medical care while he or she handles complicated legal processes.
Compensation Available for Injured Pedestrians in Atlanta, GA
If another party caused your serious injuries, his or her insurance company will reimburse you for several past and future damages. Damages is the legal term for the losses you suffered due to someone else’s wrongful act. In a pedestrian accident claim in Georgia, you could recover financial compensation for damages such as your hospital bills, disability accommodations, losses of income, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, legal fees, and more.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Collisions in Atlanta
Drivers are the number one risk to pedestrians in Atlanta. Although both drivers and pedestrians have a responsibility to obey traffic laws, drivers are in a unique position as the parties that can cause the greatest amount of damage.
Drivers can cause catastrophic and deadly pedestrian collisions in Atlanta by making common mistakes, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding (especially in school zones)
- Drowsy driving
- Ignoring red lights and stop signs
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians
- Breaking traffic laws
- Passing school buses
- Making illegal turns
If a driver causes a pedestrian collision in Atlanta, his or her auto insurance provider is responsible for paying for losses. It is possible, however, to name a different defendant in a pedestrian accident lawsuit. The government could be responsible for your accident, for example, if it was caused by a preventable road hazard such as a dangerously designed intersection or lack of pedestrian walkways.
How Does a Pedestrian Accident Claim Work in Georgia?
After any type of automobile accident in Georgia, the driver or party at fault for causing the collision is financially responsible for injuries and related losses. This is how Georgia’s tort-based insurance system operates. In the 12 states that operate under a no-fault system, on the other hand, all parties seek recovery from their own insurance providers, regardless of fault.
If you get injured in a pedestrian accident in Atlanta, you will file a claim with the insurance company of the at-fault party. This could be the driver, the government, a property owner or a combination of parties. It will then be your responsibility to prove fault for your accident. You or your Atlanta injury lawyer will need to gather evidence of the defendant’s careless, reckless or criminal acts and show that it was a substantial factor in causing your collision.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Atlanta
- Stay at the scene of the accident and immediately call the police.
- Do not apologize to the motor vehicle driver or admit fault for the collision.
- Exchange information with the driver, including insurance information.
- Write down the names of any eyewitnesses and get your police report number.
- Go to a hospital in Atlanta immediately for medical care.
- Keep copies of important documents, such as the police report and medical records.
- File your insurance claim with the driver’s insurer without delay.
- Contact an Atlanta pedestrian accident attorney for advice before accepting a settlement offer.
Struck By a Car in Atlanta? Contact an Attorney at BMW Law Today
Drivers in Atlanta should know and respect pedestrian rights. If they fail to fulfill this responsibility, they can be held legally accountable for related accidents, injuries, and deaths.
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a pedestrian accident in Atlanta, Georgia, contact an attorney from BMW Law Group for assistance. We can help you achieve the justice you deserve. Call (770) 629-9329 anytime to request your free consultation.